Several artist friends have asked me to share my experience with marketing myself as an artist. I am delighted to do so in an Artist Marketing Workshop at Bath Artist Studios in Bath, UK on Saturday 24th October.
Part-time and full-time artists, those already showing in a gallery and those waiting to be discovered, will learn the following:
- Where are you headed? Get clear on your goals for your art
- Mind over matter: identify limiting beliefs that are holding you back and learn how to overcome them
- Practical advice on how to create new markets for your art, new opportunities to showcase your art and increase sales
- How to make selling online work for you: websites, email marketing, social media and linking it all together
- A plan of action: steps you can take now to achieve your goals
- Networking and support: ideas and encouragement from other artists
Drawing on her own experience and a career in marketing and PR before she became an artist 10 years ago, Trudy Montgomery has inspired many artists in the US and UK to overcome challenges to promoting and selling their art.
"Trudy shares generously all her knowledge, experience and enthusiasm with a genuine desire to enable artists to grow, shape and progress in whatever area they feel that to be." —Kitty Stirling, painter
"Go on it. You will learn good stuff." —M. Wishart, artist
"It's really helpful and encouraging to learn and work with others when thinking about art-making also as a business." - C. Yates, artist
"This talk has really encouraged me to get up and do something positive with my own work!" - Rebecca Spicer, art teacher
*** This workshop is now full *** Please contact Trudy if you wish to join the waiting list for the next workshop or would like to schedule a new workshop for you and other artists in your area.